Our projects have certainly been plentiful, and the need is great. With each passing month we are continuing to build new relationships with significant community partners (EPD, 4J School District, Hope Ranch, 15th Night, Kidz First!, Looking Glass, YMCA, Womenspace – just to name a few) and have really begun to hone our sights in on our communities’ youth homelessness and human sex trafficking epidemic. Obviously, tackling these two issues head-on is quite the feat, and significant change rarely happens overnight. However, our community impact is becoming more an more apparent with each passing day and has brought with it a handful of notable accomplishments.
Be a Part of the Solution
Interested in making a difference in the community with other like-minded women?Learn More About JLE
Making an impact
The JLE Student ID Initiative has enjoyed much success since it’s induction 2 short months ago, but the program cannot be counted as our only success this year. Our members have been hard at work and continue to make a footprint in our community with contributions to other notable projects including (but certainly are not limited to):
- The formation of the Eugene Coalition Against Sexual Exploitation (ECASE)
- The roll-out of the 15th Night – a Eugene homeless youth initiative
- Implementation of human trafficking based curriculum in the Bethel School Dist.
- Human trafficking awareness/advocacy campaigns (Eugene Educators Association, University of Oregon, Sheldon Rec Center, local media appearances, etc.)
- Hope Ranch home improvement projects to benefit trafficking survivors
- Continued formation of community partnerships with key youth organizations
- Done In A Meeting donation drives at every GMM to benefit our community partners
- Partnering with JL Portland for the reestablishment of our State Political Action Committee (SPAC)
And the list goes on!
As we roll in to our 2nd year of focusing on at risk youth, our momentum and excitement continues to grow, and we want our sustainers to grow with us! We invite all current members, as well as sustaining and emeritus members, to join us at our next GMM on August 29th and be an active part of our revolution! If we change the life of even a single person in our community, then our effort will not have been in vain. Let’s work together to make JLE one of Lane County’s primary catalysts for lasting community change now and into the future.